Friday, November 17, 2006

More Fluff

My traitor friend (now on myspace) Ronda (love ya girlie) had this on her blog, and talked about how doing these things helps her really discover who she is, and not who she is because of other people's expectations/ambitions for her... and since I recently discovered the same thing - I thought I would play.

In my recent self-discovery, the realization that I don't want to be a Queen of Harmony surprised me. I think I said I wanted it because I'm capable of it, I should want it, and the journey would be good for me. But I don't care about it. I'm so much happier in everything without that huge expectation hanging in the air above me like a big dark rain cloud ready to burst. Hard to explain - but I've done things all my life because someone suggested I should - I'd be great at this, that or I should study this because I'm talented blah blah blah... and since I didn't really have any goals or knowledge about myself, I'd do it. I don't/didn't want to miss out on anything that might be "it" - ya know? Since I let this go, I just feel so incredibly free!!!!


1. How tall are you barefoot? 5'7

2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No.

3. Do you own a gun? No.

4. Who's your best friend? I don't really have one best... i have many excellent life-long forever friends... friends I don't talk to or see even every week, but know if I called they'd be there for me... and me for them... Jennifer, Carol, Rosalie, Marie, Wendy, Dan... Marianne, Catherine, Elizabeth, Joan...

5. Do you get nervous before "meeting the parents"? no - nervous isn't the word... a little anxious mebbe...

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I try not to

7. What's your favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know?; Baby, (What You Goin' To Be?); The 12 Days After Christmas, Greensleeves... there are more, but I need to start listening to Christmas music!

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee, OJ, water

9. Can you do push ups? A push up. Maybe two. working on it.

10. Is your bathroom clean? My toilet is clean, it is reasonable...

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I don't like the expensive, sentimental stuff because I'm so rough on it - it makes me nervous. I adore my wedding ring - my nana's diamond & my aunt's pearl, designed and given to me by my aunt Carolyn ~ but I only wear it a few times a year - I wore it in Scotland right after we were married and the diamond fell out and that was it - no more wearing it everyday (we found the diamond, btw). The things I wear just about every day - my plain wedding band and my silver hoop earrings... they're qualified the most as favorites, I guess.

12. Do you like painkillers? When I'm in pain, yes.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? My teasing laughter. (i guess?)

14. Do you own a knife? Just kitchen ones

15. Do you have A.D.D.? No.

16. Middle Name? Diane

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
1. wasting time (need to be stamping)
2. wish I blogged more often
3. I'm addicted to exercise!!! (walked 2.32 miles today with T)

18. Name the last 3 things you have bought:
1. paper crimper
2. 2/$1 votive candle holders (saw a cool stamped paper idea)
3. Stamp cleaner (Michael's purchases... can you tell?)

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
1. Water
2. coffee
3. Tea - various

20. What time did you wake up today? 8:39am

21. Pets? not currently, but we're planning to adopt a humane society dog after t-day.

22. Current worry? Relying on myself as my income -- singing... having a coughing fit Sunday morning before the performance brought home how careful I need to be, how dependent on good health, car running well, good preparation -- all these things go into making money.

23. Current hate? Trying not to hate anything. Change this to pet peeve and well.... poor grammar.

24. Favorite place to be? on a porch swing, with a breeze, some fru-fru cold drink in my hand (sweet), green trees, cool sunny day, watching the world go by.

25. Least favorite place to be? doctor, dentist, getting blood taken... blech.

26. Where would you like to go? Australia

27. Do you own slippers? Yes, 2 pairs

28. What shirt are you wearing? Red v-neck t-shirt that is probably one of the oldest pieces of clothing I can still wear. Have had it before moving to Scotland - now a workout/cleaning shirt that is okay to wear in public.

29. Do you burn or tan? both

30. Favorite color(s)? Yellow, Purple, Pink

31. Would you be a pirate? No.

32. Do you journal, or make lists of things you need to do? I have journalled -- I should do more of it, it helps get stuff out in a healthy way... and yes, I make lists of things I need to do -- in a journal book :-)


33. What songs do you sing in the shower? How Great Thou Art is a favorite, Thank You Lord is another good shower song. Where Are The Simple Joys Of Maidenhood is another great shower song ;-)

34. What did you fear was going to get you when you were younger? The devil.

35. What's in your pockets right now? no pockets right now.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? V. Talking to her on Skype in Shanghai -- we could hardly talk we were laughing so hard... miss her!

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child? huh?

38. Worst injury you've ever had? tearing ligaments in both legs when I fell down the stairs in Scotland.

39. Music, TV, Books or Movies? I'm putting them in order: Music, Books, Movies, TV -- because hello -- life without music or books? no way.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two that are plugged in - one that is unused, one projector thing that isn't really a tv, but could be if himself made it so, I think.

41. Who is your loudest friend? probably Ann :-)

42. Who is your most silent friend? T.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? I hope not.

44. Do you wish on shooting stars? yes - but I call it a prayer.

45. What is your favorite book? The Stand

46. What is your favorite candy? See's. Chocolate w/ caramel. M&M's, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Butterfingers

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? So This Is Love, When You Wish Upon A Star, A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes; I Will Be There; When I Fall In Love, Love Changes Everything... yep, it was like a musical event :-)

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? was just starting to think about this the other day -- Sing And Be Happy, definitely will be up there -- I picked up a 'estate planning' type of thing from where I work, and think it is a good idea to start making some grown up decisions...

49. What were you doing at 12 am midnight last night? Reading Blogs

50. What was the First thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? Gotta pee... coffee... do I have time to check my email?

No comments: