Friday, January 02, 2009

More Movies!

So ~ last night we watched "88 Minutes" with Al Pacino -- I thought it was excellent! We then watched "Mamma Mia!" and I loved it! I really would like to see it live ~ but have to say Meryl Streep was terrific... thought Colin Firth probably should have been more featured in the singing, he has quite the nice voice... I love Pierce Brosnan, and he did an admiral job; but watching him sing made me uncomfortable because he looked so ill at ease for most of his stuff.

Had a really good conversation with my dad last night, which was something I needed. I read about people who are screwed up because their fathers are emotionally distant... my dad and I are so intune with each other it is kinda spooky ~ and he definitely is the polar opposite of emotionally distant! So ~ Love You Dad... oh so much :D.

Today I loaded up a bunch of photos onto facebook... for my two expat buddies (you know who you are) ... well, I just encourage you again -- in the light of the new year... to seriously consider being on FB. It is faster than blogging, easier... and in real time -- you can have the page up while doing other things... go away then come back and read your friend's updates and it is cool. Of course, it is a time vortex, which will suck away your time... but time-schwime, right?

I've updated my barbershop music database (yes, as exciting as it sounds *Yawn!*), and my barbershop audio database... our quartet gathering this weekend will be a music choosing and image discussion meeting, with maybe a little singing thrown in for good measure.

I have the craft class tomorrow and haven't done one. single. thing. And I'm here, bloggin like I have time (!!) It's gonna be a long night...

2 comments:

Amy Boyack said...

I agree that facebook eats away your time. It's really fun, though. Twitter is even worse. It is like facebook on steroids, so if you haven't tried it, check it out. People can see everything you say, not just your friends, so you need to be a little more guarded in your comments, but it's a lot of fun. I'm from California, too and I love that you sing. Glad to meet you online.

Baroness Insomniac said...

ok. ok already! I'll join FB! ;-) Hmm..you'll have to tell me how to find you, won't you?