Sunday, November 30, 2008

25 Days of Cookies... Decided

I've found the 25 + 1 cookie recipes to try... in no particular order of preference:

  1. Pecan Sandies
  2. Chocolate Chip Kisses (Meringues)
  3. Millionaires Shortbread
  4. Easy Decadent Truffles
  5. Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars
  6. Highland Toffee
  7. Frosted Banana Bars
  8. Grandma's Gingersnap Cookies
  9. Chocolate Brittle Surprise *made these last night
  10. Apricot Tea Cookies
  11. Bill's Magic Cookie Bars
  12. Lemon-Lime Crackle Cookies
  13. Chocolate Crinkles
  14. Dora's Christmas Cookies (to decorate)
  15. Spiced Gingerbread Men (to decorate)
  16. Eggnog Cookies
  17. Lemon Square Bars
  18. Big Soft Ginger Snap Cookies
  19. Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti
  20. Delicious Christmas Cookies (Graham Crackers & Coconut)
  21. English Tea Cakes
  22. Peppermint Kisses (Meringues)
  23. Chow Mein Noodle Cookies (aka "Bird's Nests")
  24. Frosted Butter Pecan Cookies
  25. Pebber Nodder (Danish Christmas Cookies)
  26. Cream Cheese Christmas Cookies

I've printed out the recipes (all but one came from All Recipes.com) and I plan to photograph and post (plus review on the All Recipes site) my success (and failures). I need to take a photo of the Chocolate Brittle Surprise... which is very very easy, satisfies the sweet tooth and can be flexible with the ingredients (always a bonus when you're dying for sweet and don't have much in the house!) It is fast, no fuss, no candy thermometers (another plus) -- doesn't look terribly festive for a cookie exchange or a gift of cookies to give away, but I like it. One of the reviews referred to it as "Bark" - which it kinda is like... (not woody, however ;-) Himself didn't seem to be a big fan, but hey - more for me!!

I'm thinking (really, worrying) now about realistic storage and presentation -- and while ziplock bags do wonders, am wondering what the best solution will be in keeping the cookies until it is time to give them away. If I could clear off one small section of counter next to the stove, that would be the perfect place for ziplock bags and/or Ziplock Storage Containers...

I had the kitchen clean yesterday -- now it is a mess again -- I did make some awesome Turkey Soup, however!! Not the healthiest after-much-turkey-what-do-I-do-with-the-leftovers soup, but extremely yummy.

I so don't want to work -- I just want to stay home and clean my house and get ready for Christmas!! (whine whine)

4 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

Hey Girlie!! OMG how I love this post! Cookies make my world go round. 8) I have to say my fave is the chow mein noodle cookies....oh lawd those are goooood!

Baroness Insomniac said...

How be the cookie fest? =)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your post about the cookies. Cookies are my favorite to make as well as to EAT! I use plastic containers with covers to store cookies in until I need them. Then while placed in the freezer, they do not crumble until used. Just a thought. Sometimes I have the entire counter covered with all I have made until the menfolk get at them:0)

Unknown said...

HOly Moses Girl!

The cost of all the ingredients makes me shaky! Will you take pictures and post as you make them?

;)