Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dog Days of August

It is hot. hot. hot. hot. And I've been grumpy. Crabby. Whiney. Negative. and Tired.

Seriously nasty weather. The storms have been cool -- but out walking at 6:15 am this morning with himself and it was just humid, hot, and miserable. The gnats are everywhere. In the spa two nights ago I still couldn't escape the fat mosquito who bit my hand. Stupid mosquito.

So I've not written because I've been working lots -- and just coming home and couch potato-ing. I've not cooked, I've not done dishes. I did some laundry, and vacuumed floors and some light dusting (mom in town...).

As of September 1st I'll be full time salary at Tucson Girls Chorus (yay!) -- so I'll be paid for the hours I've been working. Not a huge amount of money, but it should help us get a mortgage.

We're looking slowly into mortgage options -- Quicken Loans I was not impressed with. They'll gouge ( as in "an act of extortion; swindle.") you in closing costs -- like over $5,000.00. Himself looked at that and said, "I think NOT!" So I've got some recommendations from friends and hopefully will have a chance to make a call or two before I go in to work today.

My quartet is doing really well. We're hoping to sing for the chorus next week and get this audition out of our hair - then we can start learning Christmas music :-) That will make me feel cooler, right?

Rascal is great -- such a love of a dog. He is squirmy/scary with strangers still... so am thinking in November we'll get him a private dog tutor (that's not the real word, but you get the idea -- someone to come to our house and work with us -- because you know it has little to do with the dog, this dog training thing!! ;-).

Going to be helping with the SAI Youth In Harmony day-long festival on September 8th -- 7:30 am to 7:00 pm!! Yikes! I believe in the cause, and I think it will be fun...

Planning to scrap this weekend -- and friends have invited us over for dinner on Sunday evening, maybe some poker. We both have Monday off (yay! Salary = paid vacation days for me... OH!! and I get the week between Christmas and New Year's off - paid - AND it doesn't come out of my 'vacation time' -- how cool is that?!?!!?!?!?) Monday will probably be slob around the house day. :D I may venture to the craft stores for sales with coupon in hand... but I really don't need a thing.

So -- with my first big paycheck:
I'm going to get a massage. I'm going to have a pedicure. I'm going to hire some kind of help with the house. All these thoughts make me smile.

'K - going back to sleep for awhile now.

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

Congrats on the full time pay - I know you've been working the full time job! It was good talking to you last night. I'm still sick so I think it was last night,

Ann(ie) said...

So -- with my first big paycheck:
I'm going to get a massage. I'm going to have a pedicure. I'm going to hire some kind of help with the house. All these thoughts make me smile.

YAY!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU, girlie!!!