* * * * *
So -- I got up at 10:30 am yesterday and made my list for CRAFT DAY at T's:
Goal #1: Finish Mom's Christmas Present. I don't think she remembers to read this blog very often (or else I'd have more embarrassing comments ;-), but just in case... I got half done Friday night (very very pleased with myself!) and think I can knock the rest out today.
Goal #2: 25 ornaments made. This may be a little optimistic... but whatever.
To Take (In my HUGE black rolling suitcase, no less):
- Plain Glass Ornaments (to decorate) check
- Beading Supplies check
- Bewjeweller & crystals check
- Hot Glue Gun check
- Quick Cutz Die Cut tool & Dies check
In my other rolling cart:
- Some scrapbooking embellishments check
- Embossing Gun, poweders and ink check
- Glitter & Aleen's Craft Glue check
- 3 different kinds of hole punches check
- The stamps I use to decorate the glass ornaments check
- Scrapbook Paper to stamp on ... still looking at what I have... may need a Michael's run
- Cotton Swabs & styrofoam bowls to hold the glue check
- Fancy Scissors check
- Personal Trimmer check
- Adhesive Options: Zig Pens (2), Tombo mono-glue runner (2), Xyron "X", Zots (3 sizes), Double sided mounting tape, -- plus the aforementioned hot glue & Aleen's Craft Glue, Pop-dots (3 different varietes!)
- Tulle Net (for ribbons on cards) check
- All My Ribbon (2 containers full) check
- Colored Pencils check
- Stamp cleaning Supplies check
- brushes for watercolor pencils check
- Sponges for stamping check
- Extension cord -- cuz they always come in handy!
I still don't have packed:
- Watercolor Pencils
- Chalks & hairspray (to "set" the chalk with)
- cardstock - plain and colored
It is hard for me to stay focused on the one task at hand. I've got a few ideas for the ornaments -- but really should stick with one or two at the most...! I also want to make little tags for each ornament with the person's name and year on it -- I have the tag-maker (a brand new punch from CM!) now, which I'm looking forward to trying out.
Oh the obsession...
I still want to make the circle/triangle paper ornaments again, cuz T bought a Sizzix die that cuts and scores the circles -- which will save MOUNTAINS of time to make them!
* * * * *
I won't have time today to post the recipes or photos of the cookies -- but on Thursday night I made "Bill's Magic Cookie Bars" and "Raspberry Oatmeal Bars" -- I forgot the flour in the raspberry bars. They look funny but taste good! the 'magic' cookie bars need some modification before they get given away to anyone ~ but they taste yum-mmmeee!!
So -- I've made 7 cookies (8 if you count the 'bark') in the '25 days of Christmas Cookies' so far... with the concert over I should have the energy to do a few more this week. The weekend will be at mom's ~ and she may be up for doing some of the roll-out cookies... I'll bring up my new awesome non-stick rolling pin! :D
Happy Crafting & Cookie Cooking to all....