Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Meme-ing

I found this meme from Coffeegal over at La Vida Dulce

In your entire life, have you ever...

gone on a blind date? oooohhhh yes. Some of my best stories are bad blind dates! (probably a great topic for Thursday 13 some day)

skipped school? Yes

watched someone die? No

been to Canada? nope

been to Mexico? Yes

been to Florida? Yes

been on a plane? Yes

been lost? Lost as in absolutely no clue where I am or how to get out if it, no. Turned around and thinking I was going one way when in actuality I was headed the opposite direction...? That describes my first year of driving in Kilt Country!

been on the opposite side of the country? Yes

gone to Washington, DC? Yes! I love DC... got to see it with Cherry Blossoms in full bloom :D

swam in the ocean? Yes... Pacific, Gulf of Mexico and have been at the beach on the coldest, windiest day ever Atlantic Side, so didn't stick a toe in.

had your booze taken away by the cops? No!

lettered in a high school sport? I was a choir and I have a choir letter ;-)

cried yourself to sleep? Yes

played cops and robbers? Does playing Charlie's Angels count? 4th grade - I was Jill. The only episode I knew was when they were undercover in jail (episode with a not-yet-famous Kim Basinger...) and Jill fakes food poisoning to get into the infirmary. It was the only episode I knew because it was on at 9pm and my bedtime was like, 7:30 (!)

played dolls? Yes -- dolls and barbies

recently colored with crayons? No, but on choir tour in college I took a coloring book and crayons on the bus to help pass the time -- and have colored with my niece when she is here.

sang Karaoke? Yes... one of my nicknames, actually. "I've Never Been To Me" & "I Could Have Danced All Night" are the geeky songs I sing.

paid for a meal with coins only? Yes... and I was even done with college!

done something you told yourself you wouldn't? Yes

cheated on an exam? Yes. And that's all the detail you'll get.

made prank phone calls? Oh yes! Caller ID put an end to that didn't it?

laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? Probably.

caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes

danced in the rain? No

written a letter to Santa Claus? Of course!

been kissed under the mistletoe? Yes

watched the sunrise with someone you care about? Yes/No... kinda sorta. The sun rose, I didn't much care...

been arrested? Never

blown bubbles? Yes -- I love blowing bubbles!! I thought it was awesome when weddings had bubble blowing rather than rice/bird-seed throwing!!

gone ice-skating? Yes -- badly -- a long long long time ago.

been skinny dipping outdoors? Yes, several times. We had a spa ;-) Now we have a pool!


had a nickname? Care-Bear, Blondie, Carrie-okie (Karaoke)

been to Africa? No... but would like to help a friend at church do stuff with a school in Ghana maybe one day.

eaten cookies for dinner? Absolutely, as a side to dish to ice cream.

been on TV? I was an audience member (back to the camera) on Win, Lose or Draw game show... the only contestant I remember was Mario Van Peebles (oh babe-ee!! cutie cutie cute-ee!!).

stolen any traffic signs?
Do "Blinkies" count? If not, then no.

been in a car accident? Oh yeah. Stopped traffic on the 101 heading east in the valley. Really really sucked. No one was cited at the time, but yet I was sued... but nothing happened cuz the guy on the motorcycle with wearing shorts, a wife-beater t-shirt, no helmet & Flip Flops for shoes... and and who went through 3 lawyers *after* I unknowingly spoke to the first one and told that lawyer exactly what happened (no one told me not to talk to anyone but my insurance company....) and he rejected the case... well, after 6 months of not getting more than his medical stuff paid for... you get the idea. I have always watched out for folks who ride motorcycles -- I know too many people who ride them -- this guy was sort of an idiot.

And I was a passenger in a car that got rear-ended on PCH - we were at a dead stop and were hit by a guy going probably over 30 mph... nothing serious - had our seat belts on -- car was an oldie but goodie that was solid.

And yep, some fender benders.

What is your...

mother's name? Norma

favorite drink? water, raspberry lipton tea, oreo milkshake

birthplace? Chico, CA

favorite vacation spot? Northern California

favorite salad dressing? Ken's Balsamic Vinegrette

favorite pie? Cheesecake

favorite number? 20

favorite movie? Oh so many...can I have one per genre? For the moment I'll go with Notting Hill or Love Actually. On Golden Pond is always in the top.

favorite holiday? Christmas

favorite food? Macaroni & Cheese. Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Ice Cream. Cheesecake.

favorite day of the week? Any day I don't have to go or be or do!

favorite brand of body wash? Olay with Shea Butter

favorite toothpaste? Crest - original flavor (hard to find anymore!)

favorite smell? cinnamon rolls, orange blossoms, desert after the rain

Do you have any...

tattoos? no

body piercings? Ears

Do you drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4 door PT Cruiser (and mini van)

What do you do to relax? veg out - pool (huge grin!), tv; read (has been too long though); play Freecell; read blogs.

How do you see yourself in 10 years? Excellent question. Right now I just hope I'm exercising regularly :D

Play along if you'd like (and let me know please...!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know if I could karaoke...I'm shy you know. I know you could never tell that that with all the skinny sipping and tattoo's and all, but I am...