Monday, June 30, 2008

I hate to brag but....

I just made THE BEST stir fry EVER!!

This recipe makes excellent stir fry sauce!!

I'm a stir fry novice -- my last attempt was pretty woeful... but tonight I stir fried red & yellow bell peppers and cabbage in olive oil with garlic & onions - then the sauce, took that and put it in a separate pan that had the sauce and a bit of olive oil simmering; then stir fried broccoli, zucchini, chopped spinach and frozen veg mix with corn, asparagus & a few carrots (I took most of the carrots out since I can't stand cooked carrots - blech).

After stir frying that in olive oil and more garlic and sauce, I put that in with the cabbage mix and stir fried TOFU (!). Me -- and himself loved it!

This was my first time really cooking with tofu - I sliced and cubed it after draining it for only an hour (everything I read says a minimum of two hours, but this was 'firm' tofu so it wasn't as crucial as other types), marinated it in the sauce for 30 minutes and stir fried with the sauce, then finished it up with a bit more olive oil to kinda crisp it up just a little.

I had the peppers already chopped up, so my prep wasn't too bad -- and cooked basmati rice in the rice cooker.

And I watched "Divine Design" during all this too.

I'm just so pleased with my vegetarian meal... and that this will probably become a staple meal in our house (yay -- more veggies!!)

:D :D :D

I'm really excited -- can you tell?

No comments: