Thursday, July 10, 2008

Italian Ice

YUM!! There's a new/old place in town - Zona Ice that has Italian Ice, Frozen Custard & Gelato (all of which are fewer calories than DQ ;-). Last night I met my friend (see "Hijacked!" post) and had a large Cappuccino Cream Ice for dinner. It was delish :D

We set our craft class schedule... we gabbed about the new management at my old workplace... we discussed me being the director/leader of the senior living community chorus...
* * * * * *
I've decided that I'm not going to be going back to barbershop for awhile -- still gonna keep my membership and I still love it blah blah blah... but too many other things that I want to do, and I just have a hard time going to just sing -- I want to get highly involved, and then I say "yes" to too many things and then nothing I am doing gets done to any kind of standard and I feel bad all the time.

I think I have found a voice teacher -- just need to give her a call and set up a time, because I do want to stay 'in voice.' And I'm planning to join a less-intense singing group of ladies in September. And, if next year I'm the director of this senior chorus, I will definitely have my hand in musical adventures!
* * * * * *
We now have a scale that works. I'm so delighted. I am really -- but it has gone up 10 lbs since I started working out ~ which I know is a normal thing when you start building muscle, but still... so in the next couple weeks I'll be getting serious about working our aerobically at my gym 5 days a week, rather than once a week, and making better eating choices. I kinda dropped the ball over the 4th of July weekend and now I'm in chocolate mode!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen the Zona ice but wasn't sure what it was! I will definitely give it a try!